Monday, October 05, 2015

October is National Plan a Cruise Month   



     Well, October is national, Plan a Cruise Month.  Who comes up with these National Days?  I don't really know, but hey, planning a cruise is always a great time.  I'm one of those who I really don't care how far in the future my cruise is (next one in 24 days!) but I just have to have one in the works.

     When I'm on a cruise, my mind gets a rejuvenation that's hard to explain.  I stay up late and get up early, but the normal cares and stresses of the normal days when I'm on shore seem to just go to the back of my mind and I just forget about them for a few days.  Oh, they are there when I step foot back on shore, but my mind is rested and I can attack them with a renewed clearness and enthusiasm.

     There is just something about planning a cruise several months in advance.  Like now for instance.  I have a family reunion group sailing on the Carnival Magic in late July.  The group is getting there deposits in and we have started a Facebook page and as the 299 days get shorter, the enthusiasm builds and when we arrive on the ship, it will seem like a grand accomplishment.  Months of planning and preparations will all come together for that perfect memorable vacation  that will be talked about at many family reunions in the future.  Also, I have other great group cruise vacations in the works, check out my website, www.agapecruisetravel.com.  Though I do love to work with groups; couples and families are great also.  I love sitting around the kitchen table with a husband and wife helping them plan that special cruise just for the two of them or working with them to take the kids on a great Disney Cruise.

     Though I haven't had the opportunity as of yet, but I know I will soon, putting together one of those Golden Anniversary cruises that parents never were able take, they have talked about it, but, because they spent most of their adult years sacrificing for their children it was always, "someday." Now it the children's turn.. Could you just imagine the look on their parents face, when on their ??th wedding anniversary their children present them with a 15 day Hawaii Cruise, 21 day Mediterranean Cruise, or the ultimate cruise- 100+ days Around the World. I hope I get that phone call soon!  I love seeing people blessed.

     Yes, it's National Plan a Cruise Month and there are some great deals being offered by many cruise lines.  Free upgrades, ship board credits, and other great amenities.  We all have that "Bucket List" of places we want to see.  Most of the world's best places to visit are on a cruise itinerary.  You don't have to wait until you retire to take that trip of a lifetime, today is the best time of your life.  There will be always something... the kids are in school, work is to important right now, we just can't find the time, etc... the excuses will go on an on, sometimes you just have to say, "I'm going to do it, get Rick on the phone."

     Normally just a small refundable deposit gets the wheels in motion.  Agape Travel's motto is:  "Don't just live... Travel."  We believe that travel creates memories with our family and friends.  Gifts will wear-out, break, get thrown in the back of a closet and forgotten about, but, memories are always there and bring back smiles of a simpler time, a special time.  Take advantage of the specials this month from all the major cruise lines.  Start now, a cruise vacation is a great Christmas gift.

Happy Traveling,

Rick


No comments: