Tuesday, September 07, 2010

1st, let me apologize for not posting in a long time. My goal was to post everyday that I was on my last cruise, but I was having so much fun, Shirley and I were so busy, I just couldn't work it into my schedule. I will try to do better this time.

We leave Sunday, Sept. 12 traveling to Savannah, Ga. We will spend the night at the Sheraton in the historic district. I love Savannah. The river walk is a lot of fun, neat shops. I really love the antique shop on the north end of the boardwalk. I don't know the name of it, but it's several floors, consignment type of a deal, many vendor with so much stuff. I love to look for old fishing equipment and musical instruments. Always looking for that one item that I pay $10.00 for, I take it to Antiques Road Show and find out it's worth much more than I paid for it. With my luck, I'll pay $10.00 and find out it's worth, $9.00.

Our cruise this time is from Jacksonville, Florida on the Carnival Fascination. We have sailed on this ship before and we have done this itinerary. The ship leaves Monday. We have a "Fun Day @ Sea" on Tuesday. Wednesday we are in Key West- Look out Kermit's Key Lime Shop, I'm on my way!!!! They have a frozen slice of key lime pie, that they dip in milk chocolate and freeze it on a stick. So, good, would make a puppy pull a fraught train. We also plan on doing some snorkeling and sailing on a 60' catamaran. Just one of the many shore excursions offered through the ship.

We will find our self in Nassau on Thursday. Yes, Nassau again. We are going to do the same thing we did last time. Take the city bus to the Sheraton and spend the day enjoying their facilities. We are in Nassau from about 12:00 PM until 10:00 PM, this will be a great opportunity to take some night photos with my new camera I got last father's day. Friday will be another "Fun Day @ Sea" and back to Jacksonville Saturday.

This is our second cruise as Carnival Platinum Guest. This is really a great program. Every day they deliver something special to your room. They have a personalized stationary in your stateroom, but the best of all... they will do our laundry, FOR FREE! So we don't bring home 87 suitcases of dirty cloths that Shirley will have to do.

This cruise will be very special, we are taking Tiffany and Courtney with us. It's been a long time since both of them have cruised with us. We took Courtney a couple cruises ago, I don't remember why Tiffany didn't go, college classes I think. I am excited about spending some time with them it will not be too long when they will be moving out, on their own and it will be just me and Shirley.

I have blocked space for several cruises in 2011. I have several private groups going and two sailing that are for Agape Travel. I have space Feb. 10 (Valentines Weekend), May 15 weekend cruise to Cozumel, Mexico on the Carnival Inspiration (Last chance for this ship, Carnival is moving her to the west coast- Great Ship), Labor Day Weekend - Fantastic deal for a HOLIDAY weekend- prices starting at $300 per person, from Pt Canaveral-Freeport and OVERNIGHT in Nassau, and Oct. 30- 7 day southern Caribbean from San Juan.


Sunday, October 30, 2011 San Juan, Puerto Rico
Monday, October 31, 2011 St. Thomas, U.s. Virgin Islands
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 Dominica, Caribbean
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 Bridgetown, Barbados
Thursday, November 3, 2011 St. Lucia, Caribbean
Friday, November 4, 2011 St. Kitts
Saturday, November 5, 2011 St. Maarten
Sunday, November 6, 2011 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Prices starting at under $500 per person for an inside stateroom.

You can hold your reservation on any of these cruises for $50.00 per person.

Well, I will write more as the cruise approaches. If you have any questions about travel or you want to book a cruise or any vacation call me (919) 971-9836.


Rick

No comments: