Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cruise-Day 2

We left port on time Monday, beautiful sunset as we sailed up the St. Johns River. Some dolphins swam along side the boat as we approached Mayport Navel Station, I was wondering if they were those dolphins that were trained to plant bombs under boats? Be even if they were, they were just enjoying the swim.

Dinner 1st night on the ship was very good, I had some St. Louis Style Baby Back Ribs, and oh course for Dinner, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The welcome aboard show was the same one we had seen many times, but it was still entertaining. They had a comedian on also, he was funny. I went for a brief time to his "Adult" show, left after about 3 minutes, he got down in the gutter very quick.

Our at sea day was a lot of fun. Sun was shinning, nice breeze across the deck, not too hot. Courtney had won two Carnival Trophies before noon. One on a Movie Trivia game and the other a general trivia. Looks like I have my work cut out for me if I'm going to win one. Dinner was formal night. I put on my best tux. (Actually it's my only tux) and we enjoyed lobster and shrimp with a green looking stuff that I don't care for (Broccoli) and I gladly let Shirley eat mine. After all it's only fair, I had to eat three of her shrimp. For desert I had Cherries Jubilee and Warm Chocolate Meting Cake.

Today in Key West, so far we did some snorkeling off a 60" sail boat. Water was very choppy, 3 - 4 foot seas, but very very clear. While we were there, we were surrounded by thunderstorms, and go a pretty good view of a water spout. I had never see one before, it was kind of need.

Well, time to head to Kermit's Key Lime Shop to pick up a large bottle of Key Lime juice for Beth, a slice of key lime pie, dipped in milk chocolate, then frozen... some kind'a good! The back to the ship for the "Return Cruisers Party" the another great dinner, topped off by a slice of peperoni pizza.


Happy Sailing.....


Rick

No comments: